Not only is this recipe easy but you will never need another meatloaf recipe again!
Juicy and flavourful on the inside, with a caramelised shiny glaze on the outside is what makes this easy meatloaf recipe an all time family favourite.
Our meatloaf recipe with egg goes well with lot’s of different side dishes, as a main meal or even in sandwiches.
1 hour 20 minutes
How to make the best tender and juicy meatloaf with a delicious shiny glaze!
This easy meatloaf recipe is cheap and quick to prepare, and the oven does most of the work for you!
¾ cup milk
½ cup dry bread crumbs
1 medium onion
1 teaspoon salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp crumbled dried sage
700 grams beef mince
Meatloaf Recipe Glaze
½ cup tomato sauce
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp dry mustard powder
- Preheat oven to 175℃ (350℉).
- Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Chop the onion finely and set aside.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Add the milk, bread crumbs, onion, salt, black pepper, and sage, then lightly mix together until thoroughly combined.
- Gently work in the ground beef until mixed.
- Press the meat mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
This needs to be done gently so it holds its shape.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes or until the loaf is no longer pink inside and the juices run clear.
An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the loaf should read at least 70℃ (160℉).
- While the meat loaf is baking, mix together the tomato sauce, brown sugar, and dry mustard powder in a bowl until the sugar has dissolved.
- When cooked, remove from the oven, and spread topping over the loaf.
- Return to oven, and bake for about 10 more minutes or until the topping is set.
- Remove from oven and rest meatloaf for 10 minutes before slicing.
- DO NOT OVERMIX;
Overmixing can result in a tough/dense meatloaf.
- Line your loaf pan with baking paper (parchment paper) with edges hanging over the pan for easier removal of meatloaf.
Easy Meatloaf Recipe Variations
- Stock cubes can add so much flavour to the meatloaf compared to just plain salt.
Substitute salt with chicken or veg stock cube.
- Substitute sage with mixed herbs or italian herbs.
Easy Meatloaf Serving Suggestions
- Keep the juices from the pan and pour over the sliced meatloaf before serving.
- Goes great with a nice nice Potato Salad and Caesar Salad with Croutons.
- Serve Meatloaf with a pile of creamy mashed potato, though for a lower carb version, cauliflower mash would be fantastic too.
- Plate up with a leafy salad or steamed greens with dressing for an epic plate of home cooked comfort-food.
- Make meatloaf sandwiches. Try adding cheese & tomato or coleslaw.
- Saute some potatoes and serve with yummy cauliflower cheese.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thanks.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories 211Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 84mgSodium 331mgCarbohydrates 7gFibre 1gSugar 3gProtein 18g
You may also be interested in: