Scrumptious home made chocolate ice cream recipe!
I didn’t believe ice cream could be this good without an Ice Cream maker.
Rich and creamy, just like your favourite ice cream shop but easy to make at home with a few simple ingredients.
Creamy and smooth no churn homemade chocolate ice cream is easy to make.
Making this homemade chocolate ice cream involves a few steps, along with some chilling and freezing.
But it’s well worth the time it takes to make the best chocolate ice cream ever!
- 200ml of milk (Warm)
- 1 egg
- 40g of fine sugar
- 120 grams Lindt 99% excellence chocolate
- 70 ml of water
- 140 ml thickened cream
- 7 ml vanilla essence
- Whisk the egg and sugar and add the warm milk whilst whisking.
- Add the mix to a bowl and heat without boiling for about five minutes.
Strain this mix and set aside to cool.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place into another bowl add the water, dissolve this slowly over a low heat.
- Add the melted chocolate to the previous mix and stir.
Important you now need to cool this mix.
- Once cooled add the half thickened cream and vanilla and gently whisk for 1 minute.
- Place this in your freezer remove after 20 minutes and whisk for a couple of minutes then return to freezer
This adds air to the mix to avoid ice crystals forming in the mixture.
- Chill all ingredients and utensils before you use them.
- Be accurate with the quantity of sugar, too much will prevent the mixture from freezing and too little will cause the mixture to freeze hard and rocky.
- Do not put warm mixtures into the finished container allow to cool.
- Do not fill the container because freezing will increase the size of the contents.
- Put freezer on coldest setting
Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe Variations
- Rocky Road;
Add some mini marshmallows and nuts. Almonds or peanuts are good in rocky road.
Whisk them in with the cream & vanilla.
- Fudge Swirl;
After the final whisking, drizzle with ½ cup hot fudge sauce and swirl it in using a knife.
This will give you ribbons of fudge when you grab a scoop of the ice cream, rather than it unintentionally getting all stirred in.
This method would also be great for caramel sauce or peanut butter.
Just warm the peanut butter a little first in the microwave (30 seconds should do) so you can pour it.
- Mocha ice cream;
Add in 1 Tbsp of espresso powder when you add the cream & vanilla.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thanks.
Amount Per ServingCalories 491Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 130mgSodium 105mgCarbohydrates 42gFibre 1gSugar 36gProtein 9g