If you’re looking for a delicious cold rice salad recipe, try out this tasty Asian style rice salad!
This dish makes an excellent dinner, a perfect side dish and is a great for picnics, a buffet or a cold rice lunch idea.
See the variations to make your own Asian brown rice salad with bacon.
Here's my deliciously tasty and super easy cold rice salad.
This recipe for cold rice salad creates a perfect summer dish!
It is an Asian rice salad that is full of flavour and easy to make for the whole family.
- 1 cup White Long Grain Rice, cooled
- 1 Red capsicum, diced
- ½ cup ham, diced
- ½ cup Green peas
- ½ cup Corn kernals
- 3 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- In a saucepan, add 1 cup of rice to 2 cups of cold water and bring to the boil.
- Lower heat and simmer, covered for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stand, covered for 5 minutes.
- Mix together the soy sauce, sesame oil, lemon juice, sugar, pepper, ginger and garlic in a small bowl.
- Place the cooled rice along with the capsicum, ham, peas and corn into a large bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing on top, and toss everything together until well combined.
Cold Rice Salad Serving Suggestions
Your cold rice salad can be perfect for:
- As a main;
Serve as a main dish for lunch or dinner with sliced, freshly buttered french stick as a side dish.
- As a side dish;
Serve as a side dish at your next barbecue.
- Great to take on a picnic.
Rice Salad Recipe Variations
- Brown Rice Salad;
If you would like to use a brown rice in this recipe and make an Asian brown rice salad, simply add an additional ½ a cup of water to the recipe.
- Rice salad with bacon: Substitute the ham for cooked and chopped streaky bacon.
- Add an egg; Hard boil an egg, Chop it up and toss it through with your salad ingredients.
- Vegetarian Rice Salad;
Simply remove the ham.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thanks.
Amount Per ServingCalories 158Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 11mgSodium 826mgCarbohydrates 22gFibre 2gSugar 4gProtein 8g