This easy spinach pie recipe creates a delicious cheese and spinach pie that tastes just as yummy as the ones you can buy everywhere in Greece.
A must try spinach pie recipe with fresh spinach, along with both feta and ricotta cheeses.
Spinach and feta filo pie is really easy to make at home with just a roll of ready made filo pastry and a few more ingredients. This recipe is suitable for the keto diet. This savoury spinach and feta pie is really very simple flavour wise, but trust me, it’s so delicious. Important! This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thanks.
The filling is very similar to that of a frittata, but it’s the filo pastry that takes this pie to another level.
For assembling your Spinach & Feta pie:
You may need to run your knife through a couple of times to get everything chopped up.
Use a large fork or a potato masher to mash the cheeses together till well mixed.
Better to leave it until it stops steaming completely & is almost room temperature).
Assemble the Filo topping:
This is in no way meant to be perfect! So don’t worry if a sheet tears or you haven’t worked with filo before.
It is extremely forgiving & is meant to be rustic & ruffled.
Use chilled filo pastry, not frozen, if possible.
If you can only find frozen, place the pastry in the fridge overnight before making the pie so that the filo is properly thawed and easy to use.
Recommended Celebrity Cookbooks
Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 911Total Fat 58gSaturated Fat 29gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 24gCholesterol 228mgSodium 1240mgCarbohydrates 70gFibre 11gSugar 22gProtein 34g
This savoury spinach and feta pie is really very simple flavour wise, but trust me, it’s so delicious.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thanks.
Can I Make Spinach and Feta Pie Ahead of Time
You can make spinach and feta pie the evening before you need to serve it.
- Follow the instructions for assembling, but do not bake.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- When you are ready, go ahead and bake according to recipe instructions.
Allow 1 hour for baking.
Spinach and Feta Pie Leftovers
- Already cooked spinach pie will keep well if properly stored in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
Heat in medium-heated oven until warmed through.
- You can also portion cooked leftover spinach and feta pie and freeze for a later time.
Warm in oven; no need to thaw in advance.
What To Serve With Spinach Pie
Spinach and feta pie as a main
- It can easily stand alone as the main dish. Serve it with a big salad like this caesar salad.
- Serve macaroni and cheese or a pasta alfredo, with various fruits for dessert.
- Have alongside sliced corned beef, corn, carrots and mashed potatoes.
- Spinach and feta pie makes a great side dish for large dinners next to lamb or lemon chicken.
Cheese and spinach pie for breakfast or brunch
If it’s for a breakfast or brunch, I would suggest;
As An Appetiser
Spinach and feta pie can be served on a smallish dish with a good dollop of one of these dips.