This simple corned beef fritters recipe from an old friend of mine from NZ is a clever way to use up leftover corned beef, or any other leftover meat for that matter.
These corn meat fritters are tasty as. The leftover silverside recipe makes an excellent light meal or send them cold in the kids school lunchbox.
This recipe for Corned beef fritters is a perfect way to use up that last bit of cold meat and turn it into a second meal.
The simplicity of these old fashioned corned beef fritters is what makes it so great. Well that and they taste amazing.
For these battered corned beef fritters, it doesn’t take many ingredients, but trust me when I say they will be a crowd pleaser.
How To Make Corn meat fritters.
Our easy Corned beef fritters recipe has minimal ingredients with tasty results.
Great hot or cold they make an excellent light meal or packed lunch.
Add a bit more life to this already amazing corn meat fritter batter using our simple variations.
- 200g corned beef, leftovers or tinned
- Oil, for shallow frying
Corn meat fritter batter ingredients
- 1 cup plain flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup milk
- Mix flour, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- Stir in egg and gradually add milk until batter is smooth but not too stiff.
- Stand mixture in the fridge for ½ hour.
- While the corn meat fritter batter is cooling, Chop or shred the corned beef.
- Add corned beef to batter and mix well.
- Heat Frypan on medium heat adding 2 Tbsp oil.
- Spoon tablespoonfuls of mixture into fry pan and fry until golden on each side.
Sauce For Corned Beef Fritters
Of course a good sauce for corned beef fritters is something that depends on everyone's individual preference of tastes.
You could just go to the supermarket and buy your preferred brand, or if you are feeling a bit adventurous you could make your own beforehand.
Check out these sauces to try with your corn meat fritters;
➥ Here is a simple honey barbecue sauce that is packed with flavour and is so simple to make.
➥ Or this classic bbq sauce is a well balanced, rich & smooth sauce with some sweet, a bit of heat and a hint of smoky flavour.
➥ And for those that appreciate a bit of spice.
If you like a good spicy tomato sauce, here's a slightly sweet and spicy sauce that is easy to make.
Corned Beef Fritters Serving Suggestions
Here's a handful of ideas on what to eat or serve with your corn meat fritters;
- These fritters are perfect served alongside a Caesar salad with garlic croutons and fresh bread.
- Is great with a good serve of Potato Salad as a side dish.
- Present with a spicy dipping sauce or tomato sauce as Finger Foods at your next gathering. (see the sauce for corned beef fritters list above)
- Cornmeat fritters are an excellent picnic item, take your batter and cook them on the local bbq, you could reheat pre-cooked eissoles, or eat them cold on their own.
- Lunchbox idea, they are good cold in sandwiches or wraps with a bit of salad.
Best Corned Beef Fritters
So you want to make the best corned beef fritters your own, let's take these old fashioned corned beef fritters to the next level and make them even tastier.
Let's try some variations,
Add any of the following to make a fritter with added flavours and texture.
The amounts here are suggestions, you can use different quantities depending on your tastes.
- Corned beef fritters with potato;
Make your corned beef fritters with potato by adding ¼ cup grated fresh potato to the recipe.
- Corn meat fritters with cheese;
To make your corned beef fritters with cheese, add ¼ cup grated cheese to the basic batter.
- Corn meat fritters with corn;
Making corn meat fritters with sweetcorn is easy, just take the original recipe and add ¼ cup frozen corn kernals to it.
- Corned beef fritters with creamed corn;
Corn meat fritters with creamed corn is easy, just take the original recipe and add ¼ cup of creamed corn.
The batter may end up a bit sloppy, so you may need to add a couple of extra Tbsp's of flour to get the cosistency right.
- Corn meat fritters with onion;
Making corn meat fritters with onion is easy, just take the original recipe and add ¼ cup chopped onion to the mixture.
- Corned beef and veg fritters;
Making corned beef and veg fritters is a simple, here are a couple of options.
➥ You can take the original recipe and add ¼ cup of diced frozen vegies to the mixture.
➥ Fold in ¼ cup of chopped up leftover roast vegetables to your batter when adding your meat. The flavours are amazing.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thanks.
Amount Per ServingCalories 104Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 33mgSodium 225mgCarbohydrates 9gFibre 0gSugar 0gProtein 5g