If you looking for for The Ultimate BLT Sandwich recipe you are at the right place.
We’ve take one of the most popular sandwiches in the world, the classic BLT, and shifted it up a gear.
We will show you how to make this easy, simple, and very delicious sandwich!
How to Make the Ultimate BLT Sandwich.
The basic BLT has to be the greatest sandwiches ever created but this Ultimate BLT Sandwich is awesome.
This Ultimate BLT Sandwich is loaded with all the traditional goodness of a BLT, but with a flavourful twist.
- 4 Bacon rashers
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices cheese
- 4 Lettuce leaves
- 1 Tomato
- 4 slices bread
- Sandwich spread (butter, margarine, mayonnaise, cream cheese, etc.)
- Cut the bacon rashers into small pieces about 7cm.long.
- Cut the lettuce into small pieces.
- Slice tomato into thin circles.
- Fry the bacon in a frying pan. Stop frying when it looks cooked. Do not burn it.
- Remove bacon from the frying pan.
- Break the eggs into the frying pan and cook eggs.
- Remove eggs from the frying pan.
- Take the pieces of bread and put them in a toaster.
- When the toasted slices are ready, put on the sandwich spread.
- Layer the ingredients on the sandwich.
- Cut into triangles and serve.
I like to layer in this order;
- Egg on the top
- You can mix the lettuce with mayonnaise if you want.
- The slices of bread do not need to be toasted, but it makes the sandwich more crunchy.
Ultimate BLT Sandwich Variations
- Add a layer of caramelised onion.
Chop up one large onion and caramelise it in a frying pan.
- Spread an even layer of mashed avocado over half the bread.
It adds a great creaminess to the sandwich.
- Have an ultimate BLT Roll instead of a sandwich. I like a nice dark rye roll.
- Use sourdough, dark rye or multigrain instead of white bread.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thanks.
Amount Per ServingCalories 665Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 264mgSodium 1281mgCarbohydrates 51gFibre 4gSugar 8gProtein 36g