This chicken salad wraps recipe is simple, they are incredibly easy to make and would be perfect for party food, game days, lunches and so on.
You can make these ahead, either entirely, or just make up the filling and refrigerate until you’re ready for serving.
They don’t take long at all to assemble.
How to Make Chicken Salad Wraps. Simple chicken salad wraps that are healthy as well.
Oh boy! These are so delicious.
- 2 soft flour tortillas or other wraps
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 tomatoes
- ¼ iceberg lettuce
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 small cucumber
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Poach chicken breast. Rip into pieces when cold.
(this can be done the night before)
- Slice or chop tomatoes.
- Slice or chop cucumber.
- Shred lettuce.
- Scoop the avocado flesh into a bowl and mash with fork
- Lay tortillas on a flat work surface.
- Spread half with with mayonnaise then spoon and spread avocado on other half.
- Arrange lettuce, chicken, cucumber and tomato in a line off center (do not overstuff).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll into snug cylinders as tight as possible to avoid the filling becoming loose.
- For best results, cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the filling to firm up a little.
Chicken Salad Wrap Serving Suggestions
- Finger food at a party;
Cut into 3-4 cm. long rolls and arrange on a plate, seam side down. Cover with cling wrap, refrigerate and and serve.
You may need to stick with a toothpick to keep rolls together.
- Lunch or Dinner;
Cut each wrap in half and have yourself for lunch or dinner!
- Lunchbox or Picnic;
Cut each wrap in thirds, wrap in plastic wrap for the lunchbox or picnic item.
Chicken Salad Wrap Recipe Variations
- Of course you can use any cooked chicken.
eg; rip up leftover roast chicken.
- For a spicier version, add some finely chopped jalapeno chilli peppers!
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thanks.
Amount Per ServingCalories 621Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 54mgSodium 801mgCarbohydrates 64gFibre 12gSugar 5gProtein 30g