There is nothing fancy about making this cooked mayonnaise recipe. It is pretty simple.
Just place a few ingredients in a saucepan, mix, heat on stove, add a few more ingredients and viola!
2 Tbsp oil
¼ tsp mustard
4 Tbsp plain flour
¼ tsp paprika
½ cup vinegar
1 cup boiling water
2 cups olive oil (Mild)
1 Tbsp salt
- In a saucepan, mix the 2 Tbsp of oil and the flour and pour in the vinegar.
- Add the boiling water and stir the mixture until it is perfectly smooth and well mixed.
- Place over heat and Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- When completely cooled, add the salt, mustard, and paprika.
- Separate the eggs and beat the yolks and whites separately.
- Add the egg yolks to the mixture.
- Add the 2 cupfuls of oil a little at a time, whisking thoroughly each time oil is added.
- When all of this is completely mixed and thoroughly beaten, Fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites.
- When mixture is lukewarm, place in an airtight container, and when cool, refrigerate.
Cooked Mayonnaise Recipe Variations
- For a slightly different flavour, try adding a clove of crushed garlic to the mixture.
- Or for a bit of a kick, add a few drops of tabasco sauce.
Recommended Celebrity Cookbooks
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thanks.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 4347Total Fat 470gSaturated Fat 65gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 391gCholesterol 372mgSodium 7154mgCarbohydrates 25gFibre 1gSugar 1gProtein 16g