The best roast beef recipe ever. This boneless rib roast is so simple to make and has amazing flavours.
Create the perfect beef rib eye roast, your family will love you for it.
This boneless rib roast recipe will show you how to prepare and then cook your rib roast to perfection.
You have to try this one, it has to be the best roast beef recipe ever and is great with roast vegetables, in sandwiches or in loaded wraps.
- 1 kg rolled beef rib roast
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 cup of stock
- Preheat oven to 200℃. Wipe roast with damp paper towels.
- Combine 1 Tbsp flour, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl and rub all over beef.
- Place the roast, fat side up in a roasting pan and roast, uncovered, for 40–50 mins for a medium roast.
- Once cooked, cover with foil and let stand for 15-20 minutes for easier carving.
- Reserve the cooking juices to make the gravy.
To make the gravy:
- Drain excess fat from the roasting tin leaving Au jus (Cooking juices).
- Put the roasting tin directly over a low heat, sprinkle the remaining flour and mix into a thick paste.
- Slowly add 1 cup of stock, stir continuously to avoid any lumps, the gravy will thicken as it comes back up to the boil.
- Season to taste and strain the mixture into a jug.
Serving suggestions for rolled beef rib roast
- Roasted potatoes, carrots cauliflower and roasted sweet potato.
- Au jus or brown gravy, roast parsnips, blanched baby beetroot and green beans.
- Green Beans, roast sweet potato, mashed Potato
- Gravy, roast potato, roast pumpkin, roast Asparagus
- Potato Salad, coleslaw and buttered sliced french loaf.
- Cauliflower Cheese, mashed potato, silverbeet or spinach and carrots.
- Boneless rib roast is also great in a sandwich or rolled in a wrap with cheese, tomato, gravy or most other salads.
- Any leftover beef rib eye roast can be used as fillings in sandwiches for work/school lunches or reheated in gravy as part of another meal.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thanks.
Amount Per ServingCalories 89Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 16mgSodium 545mgCarbohydrates 4gFibre 0gSugar 1gProtein 5g