Create your own cashew chicken tenders.
This protein-packed healthy cashew chicken recipe is great served as a healthy lunch with a salad, as a quick and easy weeknight dinner, or as a finger food at your next gathering.
There are lots of recipes for cashew chicken, but my family thinks this one really stands out.
We love the delicate flavour from the honey and the crunch of the cashews.
The blend of textures here keeps it interesting. I love those crunchy cashews and the tender juicy chicken, plus the ever so lightly crisp coating.
Another plus for this cashew nut chicken is that it’s easy to prepare.
These golden baked Chicken Cashew pieces are perfect for a family friendly weeknight meal, or at your next party as a finger food with your favourite dipping sauce!
This cashew nut chicken, is simple yet exquisite and is a favourite in our house.
These healthy cashew chicken pieces have a hint of honey that will have your taste buds questioning what that extra special ingredient is.
- 6 skinless chicken breast fillets
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black ground pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 cups chopped cashews
- Preheat oven to 150℃/300℉
- Cut chicken fillets into strips or whatever size you like.
- Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry with paper towel.
- In small deep bowl add flour and salt and pepper. Lightly blend and set aside.
- In medium size deep bowl mix in cashews and panko bread crumbs. Set aside.
- In small bowl beat egg and add dijon mustard and honey. Mix well. Set aside.
- Coat chicken in flour mixture.
- Next, dip in egg mixture.
- Coat in cashew and panko mixture.
- Place on wire rack and bake for 20-30 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
Cashew Chicken Serving Suggestions
- Great with mashed potatoes and mixed vegies.
- Instead of fish and chips, have chicken and chips.
- Serve with roasted veggies and a side of sweet potato fries.
- Roll in a Tortilla wrap with cheese and salad.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half to turn them into chicken tenders and serve with honey Dijon.
- Having a party? Serve as a finger food with a dipping sauce.
eg. Barbecue Sauce, Peanut satay or garlic all come to mind.
Cashew Chicken Recipe Variations
If you want to make the recipe up a bit more interesting, add more spices and herbs.
- Cayenne pepper.
- Italian herbs.
- Cajun seasoning.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thanks.
Amount Per ServingCalories 271Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 57mgSodium 483mgCarbohydrates 18gFibre 1gSugar 3gProtein 21g