What makes this bacon and broccoli salad a great option for lunch is that aside from very easy to prepare, you can be creative in making it.
Get ready to take your salad game to a whole new level with these 5 bacon and broccoli salad recipes!
Whether you’re a fan of classic combinations or looking to get creative in the kitchen, these recipes are a must-try for any salad lover.
We all know that bacon makes everything better, and when paired with the crunch of fresh broccoli, the result is a match made in culinary heaven.
From the traditional bacon and broccoli salad with a tangy dressing to innovative twists like a grilled bacon and broccoli salad or a bacon and broccoli pasta salad, these recipes are sure to impress your taste buds.
Not only are these salads incredibly delicious, but they also pack a healthy punch with the nutritious benefits of broccoli. So why wait? Dive into the world of bacon and broccoli salads and discover a whole new level of salad satisfaction!
Health benefits of bacon and broccoli salad.
Broccoli is often hailed as a superfood due to its high nutritional value.
Packed with vitamins, minerals, and fibre, it’s a great addition to any diet.
When combined with bacon, a rich and flavourful ingredient, it takes the salad experience to a whole new level.
Bacon adds a savoury and smoky taste that perfectly complements the crunch and freshness of broccoli.
Plus, bacon provides a good amount of protein and healthy fats, making it a satisfying addition to your salad.
So not only will you enjoy the delicious flavours of these bacon and broccoli salad recipes, but you’ll also be nourishing your body with a range of beneficial nutrients.
Preparing your Broccoli.
Preparing your Broccoli for your bacon and broccoli salad is a pretty standard process.
- Choose fresh broccoli:
- When preparing broccoli, it is important to start with fresh and vibrant heads.
Look for broccoli with firm stalks and tightly closed florets.
Avoid broccoli with yellowing or wilting leaves.
- Wash thoroughly:
- Before cooking, wash the broccoli under cold running water to remove any dirt or debris.
Pay special attention to the florets, as they can trap dirt and insects.
- Trim the stalk:
- Trim off the tough and woody end of the broccoli stalk.
You can use a knife or a vegetable peeler to remove the tough outer layer of the stalk if desired.
- Separate into florets:
- Use a sharp knife to cut the broccoli head into individual florets. Try to make the florets bite-size and similar in size to ensure even cooking.
Or you can snap the florets from the broccoli crown and pull them apart so that they are bite-size.
- 1 cup Broccoli
- 2 Bacon rashers
- 2 Tbsp Cheddar Cheese, in cubes
- 1 Tbsp Red Onions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp whole Almonds
- 2 Tbsp Ranch dressing
- Toast your almonds
Although this is optional, to go the extra mile, we definitely recommend toasting your own almonds.
Not only does it give them a better texture, but it amplifies the flavour ten-fold.
- Slice and soak the onion;
This tones the raw onion flavour a little.
Slice or Dice the onion add to a small bowl and cover with warm water.
Leave for 10 minutes then drain well and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Blanch the Broccoli;
Start by blanching the broccoli to retain its vibrant green colour and crispness.
Place the blanched broccoli in the mixing bowl with the onion.
- Cook the bacon;
In a separate pan, cook the bacon until it's crispy and golden brown.
Chop the bacon into bite-sized pieces and
- Add the cheddar cheese and almonds.
When everything is cooled, Combine the cheese and almonds with the blanched broccoli and sliced red onion.
- Lastly, add the ranch dressing.
- Toss the salad with dressing until well combined. Serve.
Creative variations of bacon and broccoli salad.
If you're feeling adventurous and want to try something new, these creative variations of bacon and broccoli salad will surely impress your taste buds.
Grilled bacon and broccoli salad.
First up, we have the grilled bacon and broccoli salad.
Grilling the broccoli adds a smoky flavour and a touch of char that elevates the salad to a whole new level.
- Simply toss the broccoli florets in olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Grill until they're slightly charred.
- Combine the grilled broccoli with crispy bacon, cherry tomatoes, and a zesty lemon vinaigrette.
The combination of smoky grilled broccoli and crispy bacon creates a delightful contrast of flavours and textures.
This salad is perfect for summer barbecues or as a side dish for grilled meats.
Bacon and broccoli pasta salad.
Next, let's explore the bacon and broccoli pasta salad.
This is a hearty and filling salad that combines the goodness of bacon, broccoli, and pasta.
- Cook your favourite pasta according to the package instructions and let it cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, blanched broccoli florets, crispy bacon, cherry tomatoes, and diced red bell pepper.
- To add some creaminess, mix in a tangy ranch dressing or a light mayonnaise-based dressing.
This salad is not only delicious but also a complete meal in itself.
It's perfect for picnics, potlucks, or as a quick and satisfying lunch option.
Bacon and broccoli salad with fruits or nuts.
Let's not forget about the bacon and broccoli salad with a twist of adding fruits or nuts.
This variation adds a refreshing and sweet element to the salad.
- Combine the blanched broccoli florets with crispy bacon, thinly sliced red onion, and a mix of fresh fruits like grapes, apples, or strawberries.
- For an extra crunch, toss in some toasted almonds or pecans.
The combination of savoury bacon, crunchy broccoli, and sweet fruits creates a delightful balance of flavours.
Serve this salad with a light honey mustard dressing or a citrus vinaigrette for a burst of tanginess.
It's a perfect salad for those who love a mix of sweet and savoury flavours.
Bacon and broccoli salad with a creamy dressing.
Sometimes, you just crave a creamy dressing to complement the smoky flavours of bacon and the freshness of broccoli.
This bacon and broccoli salad with a creamy dressing is exactly what you need.
- In a large bowl, combine the blanched broccoli florets, crispy bacon, diced red onion, and shredded cheddar cheese.
- For the dressing, mix mayonnaise, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, and a touch of honey.
The creamy dressing coats every ingredient, creating a lusciously rich and satisfying salad.
This salad is perfect for those who enjoy a little indulgence in their meals without compromising on flavour.
Bacon and broccoli salad with a tangy vinaigrette.
If you prefer a tangy and refreshing dressing for your salad, this bacon and broccoli salad with a tangy vinaigrette will be a delightful choice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, and a dash of garlic powder.
- Toss the blanched broccoli florets, crispy bacon, thinly sliced red onion, and cherry tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the tangy vinaigrette over the salad and toss until well-coated.
The tanginess of the vinaigrette enhances the flavours of bacon and broccoli, creating a bright and satisfying salad.
It's a perfect choice for those who enjoy a tangy kick in their salads.
Bacon and broccoli salad with a spicy kick.
If you're a fan of spicy flavours, this bacon and broccoli salad with a spicy kick will surely satisfy your taste buds.
- Start by tossing the blanched broccoli florets, crispy bacon, diced red onion, and sliced jalapenos in a large bowl.
- For the dressing, mix together mayonnaise, lime juice, hot sauce, and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Drizzle the spicy dressing over the salad and toss until well-combined.
The heat from the jalapenos and the spiciness of the dressing add a fiery kick to the salad, making it a perfect choice for those who love a little heat in their meals.
Bacon and broccoli salad for different dietary preferences
- vegetarian and gluten-free options.
If you have dietary preferences or restrictions, don't worry! There are options for you too.
For a vegetarian version;
- For a vegetarian version of the bacon and broccoli salad, simply omit the bacon and replace it with crispy tofu or tempeh.
- Marinate the tofu or tempeh in soy sauce, garlic powder, and smoked paprika, then pan-fry until crispy.
- Combine the crispy tofu or tempeh with blanched broccoli florets, diced red onion, and cherry tomatoes.
- For the dressing, you can use a tangy vinaigrette or a creamy vegan dressing.
This vegetarian version still offers the same delicious flavours and textures without the bacon.
For a gluten-free version;
For those following a gluten-free diet, you can make a few adjustments to the classic salad recipe.
- Instead of using regular mayonnaise, opt for a gluten-free mayonnaise brand.
- You can also replace the sugar in the dressing with a natural sweetener like honey or maple syrup.
- Make sure to check the labels of the bacon and any other ingredients you add to ensure they are gluten-free.
With these simple adjustments, you can enjoy a gluten-free version of the bacon and broccoli salad without compromising on taste or quality.
Conclusion and final thoughts.
The world of bacon and broccoli salads is a delightful one, offering a range of flavours, textures, and creative combinations.
Whether you prefer the classic bacon and broccoli salad or want to try something new and innovative, there's a recipe for everyone.
From grilled variations to salads with creamy or tangy dressings, these recipes showcase the versatility of bacon and broccoli.
Take your salad game to a whole new level and savour the deliciousness of these bacon and broccoli salad recipes.
So go ahead, gather your ingredients, and embark on a culinary adventure that combines the irresistible flavours of bacon and the healthy goodness of broccoli. Your taste buds will thank you!
Recommended Celebrity Cookbooks
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thanks.
Amount Per ServingCalories 411Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 46mgSodium 865mgCarbohydrates 17gFibre 6gSugar 5gProtein 17g
"These values are automatically calculated and offered for guidance only. Their accuracy is not guaranteed."