This is our quick, easy and very tasty Drawn Butter sauce recipe for Seafood.
We serve it with our steamed fish, crayfish, crab, mussels…everything seafood basically!
Our Drawn butter sauce is a luscious butter sauce served with any steamed seafood.
You can serve the drawn butter plain, or kick it up a notch with garlic, lemon, or herbs.
- 3 Tbsp of butter
- 300 ml boiling water
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 dash of white pepper
- Rub two tablespoonfuls of butter and the flour together.
- Put in a saucepan and add the boiling water.
- Over a medium heat stir until boiling, add the salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat as soon as it is boiling.
- Whisk in the remaining tablespoonful of butter and it is ready for use.
- It must not be boiled after the last butter is added.
Drawn butter sauce recipe variations
- Try adding ¼ tsp of minced garlic with the salt and pepper.
- Lemon always adds a bit of zing to seafood. Squeeze the juice of one lemon to the water
- Parsley goes well in a sefood sauce. Add 1 tsp dried parsley with the salt and pepper.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thanks.
Amount Per ServingCalories 363Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 22gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 92mgSodium 1449mgCarbohydrates 12gFibre 1gSugar 0gProtein 2g