This chicken salad wraps recipe is simple, they are incredibly easy to make and would be perfect for party food, game days, lunches and so on. You can make these…
Best sandwich recipes & tasty sandwich ideas
Yes, there are recipes for sandwiches!
Amazing fillings and tasty toppings for your bread, wraps, baps and bread rolls.
These next level sangas include classic club sandwiches, baguettes and picnic favourites.
Get your Tasty sandwich ideas for summer dinner and lunches.
Great for the school and work lunchbox, as party finger foods or entertaining guests.
A sandwich is a dish consisting of one or more pieces of bread with one or more fillings between them, or one slice in the case of an open sandwich.
Sandwiches are a common type of lunch food often eaten as part of a packed lunch.
There are many types of sandwiches, made from a diverse variety of ingredients.
This is a list of notable sandwiches.
- Closed Sandwich;
Fillings in this type of sandwiches are presented between two or more slices of bread that is sometimes toasted.
The crusts may or may not be removed, depending upon your preference.
- Bread Roll;
A bread roll is cut transversely and dressed with filling between the two halves.
The fillings used are similar to those used in a closed sandwich.
- Club sandwich;
Double decker or club sandwich.
Two types of fillings are presented between three slices of buttered bread cut into fingers.
The crusts are usually removed.
- Open-faced sandwich;
The filling is presented and decorated on a single slice of bread or toast with the the filling on top.
The bread slices can be cut into squares, triangles, or rounds.
- Wrap/Rolled Sandwich;
Wraps are sandwiches in which the filling is wrapped in a flour tortilla or a similar flatbread.
They may be served whole, cut in half or cut in to finger food sizes.
- When cutting bread, keep slices together in pairs so that they will fit together.
- Have butter, margarine, or spread at room temperature so that it will spread without tearing the bread.
Use cream if necessary. Be sure that the spread is very thin.
- Bread may also be layered with one or more types of filling as in club sandwich.
- Different colours of bread can be combined together and sliced differently to make interesting designs for the sandwich.
- Apply spread on bread evenly to prevent sogginess.
- Vary your sandwiches by using different bread types and fillings.
- The healthiest breads are those which contain wholegrains and provide a rich source of fibre, B vitamins, carbohydrates, protein, iron and vitamin E.
- Grainy breads, sourdough and dark rye also have a lower-GI which will keep you feeling satisfied for longer.
- Wholemeal and wholegrain bread have 50–70 per cent more fibre than regular white bread.
One of the best ways to keep sandwiches interesting is to experiment with different breads.
For an interesting and healthier change, try some of these.
- Rye bread or rolls (dark or light).
- High-fibre white (great for kids).
- Grainy bread rolls.
- Sourdough bread or rolls.
- Wraps (wholemeal or wholegrain).
- Rice breads (gluten-free).
- Pita pockets.
- Middle Eastern flat breads.
- Turkish bread.