These biscuits are a traditional Kiwi & Aussie favourite.
This chewy Anzac biscuits recipe complete with rolled oats, coconut and golden syrup creates a biscuit that is beautifully moist and chewy.
How to make Anzac biscuits.
This easy Anzac biscuits recipe makes the most delectable, chewy & soft Anzac biscuit.
The variation with no ingredient changes will turn it into a more crunchy version.
The whole family will love these.
2 cups plain flour
2 cups rolled oats
2 cups desiccated coconut
1½ cups brown sugar
1 cup butter
4 Tbsp golden syrup
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 Tbsp boiling water
- Preheat oven to 160°C (320℉)
- Lay baking paper over the biscuit/cookie trays.
- Sift the flour and then put the flour, oats, coconut and brown sugar into the mixing bowl and stir well with a wooden spoon.
- Smash out any lumps in the brown sugar.
- Put the butter and golden syrup in the saucepan over low heat, stir regularly with a wooden spoon until melted through.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix the baking soda and water together and add to the butter mixture in the saucepan. It will bubble and froth.
- Quickly add the frothy mixture to the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl and mix everything together really well.
- Roll the mixture into balls about 2cm round.
- Place on the biscuit/cookie trays roughly 5cm apart.
- Wash and dry your hands and then flatten down the balls well.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Remove and cool on wire racks.
- Make sure the biscuits are spaced well apart or they'll end up being one giant biscuit in the middle of the tray.
Easy Anzac Biscuits Serving Suggestions
- Great with a cuppa or just a glass of milk.
- They make a good lunchbox filler.
- Turn them in to a dessert and make ice cream sandwiches with them.
Easy Anzac Biscuits Variations
- Bake longer if you prefer crunchy anzac biscuits.
- See our Traditional Anzac Biscuits Without Coconut
Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 216Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 20mgSodium 87mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 2gSugar 15gProtein 2g